Ontario immigration department has announced the closure of intake for the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream for the year 2020.
The decision (for the closure of intake for the employer job offer), taking effect from November 16, 2020, comes after Ontario reached the registration intake limit for the program.
“No more additional registrations will be accepted until next year,” an Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program press statement said.
Ontario government expanded the scope of the In-Demand Skills Stream in July 2020 by adding thirteen (13) new eligible manufacturing occupations.
The new occupations – for positions based outside the Ontario’s Greater Toronto Area – became eligible when the program reopened for applications on the 6th of July, 2020.
By adding thirteen (13) new occupations, the OINP brought to twenty-three (23) the total number of eligible jobs for the stream.
Positions included in the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream are low-skilled, falling into National Occupational Classification (NOC) C or D.
Employer Job Offers: In-Demand Skills Stream
These stream targets individuals with specific skilled in-demand in Ontario. To be eligible, applicants must have:
- A full-time permanent job offer under certain occupations in the construction or agriculture sector and meets the median wage in Ontario for the occupation, and in a position that is relevant to the business.
- For candidates already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the present wage being paid.
- Nine (9) months of cumulative work experience in the previous three years in one of the eligible occupations.
- Experience must be full time and paid or the equivalent amount in part-time work in Ontario province.
Seasonal work doesn’t count.
- The equivalent of a Canadian high school certificate or higher.
- Valid certificate or license at the time of application for any claimed work experience that requires it.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC four (4) in French or English in all language competencies.
- Live abroad, or be studying, working, or visiting Canada on a valid permit;
- Intention to live in Ontario.
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream: Ten Occupations Eligible In Any Location
|National Occupational Classifications||Job Title|
|NOC 3413||Nurse aides, orderly, and patient service associates|
|NOC 4412||Home support workers and related occupation, excluding housekeepers|
|NOC 7441||Residential and commercial installer and servicers|
|NOC 7511||Transport truck drivers|
|NOC 7521||Heavy equipment operator (except crane)|
|NOC 8431||General farmworker|
|NOC 8432||Nursery and greenhouse worker|
|NOC 8611||Harvesting laborers|
|NOC 7611||Construction trades helpers and laborers|
|NOC 9462||Industrial butchers, meat cutter, poultry preparers, related workers|
Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream: thirteen Occupations Eligible Outside GTA Only
|National Occupational Classification||Job Title|
|NOC 9411||Machine operator, mineral and metal processing|
|NOC 9416||Metalworking and forging machine operator|
|NOC 9417||Machining tool operator|
|NOC 9418||Other metal product machine operators|
|NOC 9421||Chemical plant machine operators|
|NOC 9422||Plastics processing machine operator|
|NOC 9437||Woodworking machine operators|
|NOC 9446||Industrial sewing machine operators|
|NOC 9461||Process control and machine operator, food, beverage, and associated products processing|
|NOC 9523||Electronics assemblers, fabricator, inspectors, and testers|
|NOC 9526||Mechanical assembler and inspectors|
|NOC 9536||Industrial painters, coater, and metal finishing process operators|
|NOC 9537||Other products assembler, finishers, and inspectors|