Are you looking for a new opportunity as an Administrative Assistant in Canada? Look no further! Jobbank has over 1000 job opportunities available for Administrative Assistants in various cities and provinces across Canada. Employees working under administrative assistant titles and similar roles are categorized under NOC 13110.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will play a key role in supporting the daily operations of a business or organization. Your job duties may include tasks such as scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, managing emails, and maintaining records. You will also be responsible for assisting with various administrative tasks, such as preparing reports, organizing meetings, and managing databases.
Other job titles for Administrative Assistants include Executive Assistant, Office Manager, and Secretary. These roles may have similar responsibilities, but may also require additional skills or qualifications.
This is what you typically need for the job. To be eligible for these roles, it is usually required that you have completed secondary school and have several weeks of on-the-job training. Additionally, people looking to migrate to Canada for work may also apply.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries or previous clerical experience is required.
Here are 5 ways to find Administrative Assistant jobs in Canada:
- Search online job boards such as Jobbank
- Check job listings on company websites
- Attend job fairs and networking events
- Utilize recruitment agencies
- Ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues.
The salary for Administrative Assistants in Canada can vary depending on the city and province. On average, the annual salary for an Administrative Assistant ranges between $35,000 to $61,000.
To work in Canada as an Administrative Assistant, you may be required to have a valid work permit and meet certain language requirements. It is also important to have strong communication and organizational skills, as well as proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office.
Immigrating to Canada to work as an Administrative Assistant
If you’re an immigrant looking to move to Canada for work as an administrative assistant, there are a few things you should consider before making the move.
- Research the job market: Before you move, it’s important to research the job market for administrative assistants in the Canadian cities or provinces where you’re interested in working. Look at job listings and salaries to get an idea of the opportunities and earning potential available.
- Consider your qualifications: Make sure your qualifications and skills align with what Canadian employers are looking for in administrative assistants. You may need to obtain additional training or certifications to increase your chances of finding a job.
- Learn English or French: Canada has two official languages, English and French. It’s important to have a good level of fluency in one of these languages to increase your chances of finding a job.
- Get a work permit: As an immigrant, you will need to obtain a work permit in order to work in Canada. Make sure you understand the process and requirements for obtaining a work permit and apply well in advance of your move.
- Network: Networking is an important part of the job search process. Attend job fairs, join professional associations, and reach out to people in your field to learn more about the Canadian job market and make connections.
- Consider the cost of living: Canada is known for its high standard of living, however, it comes with a cost. It’s important to consider the cost of living in the city or province where you plan to move and ensure you have enough savings to cover your expenses while you look for a job.
- Make a plan B: As an immigrant it’s important to have a plan B in case you couldn’t find work as an administrative assistant, consider other jobs that you could apply with your skills and qualifications.
By taking these steps, you can increase your chances of finding a job as an administrative assistant in Canada and make a smooth transition to your new home.
Best Province to Settle as Administrative Assistant
Some of the best Canadian cities or provinces to find an Administrative Assistant job include Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
To apply for these job opportunities, please click on the link below to view available job listings and submit your application. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to advance your career as an Administrative Assistant in Canada!